Can the U.S. Department of Housing and Development assist me if I am looking to purchase a home but do not have much money?
- Contact your local office of housing and community development or your mayor’s office to determine if you qualify for any local home buying programs.
- The HUD-approved housing counseling agencies can help you in considering your options. Call (800) 569 – 4287 to get in contact with their office.
Who should I contact if I am thinking about purchasing a home but am unsure of whether this is the right financial decision for me?
- The HUD-approved housing counseling agencies would be a good resource to access to determine what the best decision for you is.
- For more information: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/i_want_to/talk_to_a_housing_counselor
Who should I speak with if I am interested in an FHA mortgage?
- You should contact an HUD-approved lender. To find one, please visit the following link http://www.hud.gov/ll/code/llslcrit.cfm.
How do I determine if I am eligible for a mortgage?
- Because many mortgages are available, it is recommended that you speak with a few different lenders to determine which mortgages you qualify for and which mortgages makes the most sense or you. You could also contact a housing counseling agency, to discuss your options, at (800) 569 – 4287.
Where can I find more information on mortgages and housing?
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Development is another resource you may consider. Please click on the following link for more information.