Congressman Donald Norcross

Representing the 1st District of New Jersey
Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed


Can the U.S. Department of Housing and Development assist me if I am looking to purchase a home but do not have much money?

  • Contact your local office of housing and community development or your mayor’s office to determine if you qualify for any local home buying programs.
  • The HUD-approved housing counseling agencies can help you in considering your options. Call (800) 569 – 4287 to get in contact with their office.

Who should I contact if I am thinking about purchasing a home but am unsure of whether this is the right financial decision for me?

Who should I speak with if I am interested in an FHA mortgage?

How do I determine if I am eligible for a mortgage?

  • Because many mortgages are available, it is recommended that you speak with a few different lenders to determine which mortgages you qualify for and which mortgages makes the most sense or you. You could also contact a housing counseling agency, to discuss your options, at (800) 569 – 4287.

Where can I find more information on mortgages and housing?

  • The U.S. Department of Housing and Development is another resource you may consider. Please click on the following link for more information.