Internal Revenue Service
Where can I get copies of IRS forms?
- Order by phone: Call 1-800-829-3676 (Mon-Fri , 7am-7pm) to order a copy to be delivered by mail.
- Internet: Forms can be accessed on the IRS website, www.irs.gov
- IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers: With numerous locations around the country, these offices offer face-to-face assistance to taxpayers and provide visitors with access to necessary documents. You can locate the nearest location on the IRS website.’
- Your Community: During tax filing season, numerous libraries and post offices offer free tax forms.
Who can I call if I have problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?
- IRS Tax Help Line for Individuals: (800) 829 – 1040
- Forms and publications: (800) 829 – 3676
- National Taxpayer Advocate Line: (877) 777 – 4778
What should I do if I made a mistake on my federal return but have already filed it?
- There are different procedures for different mistakes. Mathematical errors are generally caught during the processing of a tax return, so you made not need to do anything. If you failed to attach a required for, the IRS will contact you directly to obtain the missing information. You should file an amended return using Form 1040X if you need to adjust your status, income, deductions, or credits.
- For more information: http://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Questions-&-Answers/IRS-Procedures/Amended-Returns-&-Form-1040X/Amended-Returns-&-Form-1040X
Do I have to pay taxes on my Social Security benefits if I retired last year and began receiving benefits?
- The amount of Social Security benefits you receive will be included on your tax return and will be used to calculate your income tax liability for the year. To determine if your Social Security benefits are taxable, please visit the IRS website.
- For more information: http://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Questions-&-Answers/Social-Security-Income/Regular-&-Disability-Benefits/Regular-&-Disability-Benefits
What is the IRS official website?