Norcross Statement on House Advancing Massive Tax Hike for NJ Families
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Donald Norcross (NJ-01) issued the following statement as Republicans vote to advance their tax scam:
“The tax scam that’s moving quickly through Congress crushes New Jersey families while rewarding billionaires and prioritizing corporate profits.
“Republicans are working behind closed doors with Washington special interests to screw working families, and what they’ve come up with is truly Robin-Hood-in-reverse – it takes from those who make the least and gives to those with the most. It takes away key deductions you rely on, but keeps them for wealthy corporations.
“This is so bad that 13 of the 14 bipartisan members of the U.S. House and Senate from New Jersey oppose it. We all know that gutting critical state and local tax deductions will create a massive tax increase for New Jersey families.
“We need more jobs, higher wages and lower taxes. We don’t need the middle class paying for tax breaks for CEOs. This isn’t tax reform – it’s a tax scam.”
- Norcross writes that the Trump tax scam is “welfare for the wealthy, paid for by the rest of us” in The Burlington County Times on November 30, 2017.
- Norcross issued a statement on his vote against the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill on November 16, 2017.
- Norcross spoke on the Floor against the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill on November 8, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the content of the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill, as introduced on November 2, 2017.
- Norcross commented on the House budget vote that paved the way for the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on October 27, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on September 27, 2017.
- Norcross hosted colleagues in South Jersey for a day-long forum on ‘The Future of Work, Wages and Labor’ on August 4, 2017.
- Norcross expressed strong support for the new Democratic agenda ‘A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future' on July 24, 2017.
- Norcross writes “first and foremost for me is raising wages” in an op-ed July 23, 2017.
- Norcross reacts to the House Republicans’ budget proposal on July 18, 2017.
- Norcross and colleagues introduce the Raise the Wage Act on May 25, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Administration’s tax reform outline on April 28, 2017.
- Norcross was appointed to serve on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce and he vowed to represent New Jersey working families on January 5, 2017.
Contact: Ally Kehoe, Communications Director