Norcross Statement on Ryan-McConnell-Trump Tax Plan
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Donald Norcross (NJ-01) issued the following statement on the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan:
“Americans want more jobs, higher wages and tax relief. But instead of focusing on working families, the Republican tax reform plan is just another giveaway to billionaires and huge corporations. It fails the President’s own ‘Trump Test’ to not benefit the wealthy.
“This proposal crushes New Jersey’s middle-class by eliminating critical state and local tax deductions. More than a third of New Jersey tax filers would be hit with a large tax increase if Republicans get rid of the State and Local Tax deduction.
“This plan amounts to welfare for the wealthy, paid for out of the pockets of hardworking Americans. It’s a bait and switch. Republicans continue to avoid explaining details about how they plan to pay for this, which means Americans can expect cuts to the vital services they rely on, like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
“I urge Americans to reject this plan and demand that Republicans finally work with Democrats to actually create jobs, raise wages, and bring real relief to working families.”
- Norcross hosted colleagues in South Jersey for a day-long forum on ‘The Future of Work, Wages and Labor’ on August 4, 2017.
- Norcross expressed strong support for the new Democratic agenda ‘A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future' on July 24, 2017.
- Norcross writes “first and foremost for me is raising wages” in an op-ed July 23, 2017.
- Norcross reacts to the House Republicans’ budget proposal on July 18, 2017.
- Norcross and colleagues introduce the Raise the Wage Act on May 25, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Administration’s tax reform outline on April 28, 2017.
- Norcross was appointed to serve on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce and he vowed to represent New Jersey working families on January 5, 2017.
Contact: Ally Kehoe, Communications Director