Norcross Statement on Vote Against Empty Funding Bill
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Donald Norcross (NJ-01) issued the following statement on his vote against the short-term continuing resolution (CR):
“Republican shortsightedness continues with this short-term funding bill that short-changes the American public. It fails to provide a much-needed raise to the minimum wage and ignores the needs of American workers, DREAMers, veterans, children and those struggling with the disease of addiction.
“This bill risks healthcare for millions by not providing adequate funding for the Children's Health Insurance Program, Community Health Centers and the Prevention and Public Health Fund. It dishonors the service of American heroes by underfunding veterans’ programs. And fulltime working Americans are left in poverty because Republicans have refused to raise the federal minimum wage.
“This has been a year of irresponsible crisis-to-crisis governing. Republicans have wasted all of their time and energy on the billionaires-first tax scam – instead of focusing on the needs of middle-class Americans. In just one week, Republicans in Congress have approved a bill that crushes New Jersey families with a massive tax increase and now they’ve followed up with this short-term funding bill that fails average Americans and does nothing to raise wages.”
- Norcross issued a statement on House Republicans passing a huge tax increase on New Jersey Families on December 19, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Republican vote to advance their massive tax hike on New Jersey families on December 4, 2017.
- Norcross writes that the Trump tax scam is “welfare for the wealthy, paid for by the rest of us” in The Burlington County Times on November 30, 2017.
- Norcross issued a statement on his vote against the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill on November 16, 2017.
- Norcross spoke on the Floor against the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill on November 8, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the content of the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill, as introduced on November 2, 2017.
- Norcross commented on the House budget vote that paved the way for the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on October 27, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on September 27, 2017.
- Norcross hosted colleagues in South Jersey for a day-long forum on ‘The Future of Work, Wages and Labor’ on August 4, 2017.
- Norcross expressed strong support for the new Democratic agenda ‘A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future' on July 24, 2017.
- Norcross writes “first and foremost for me is raising wages” in an op-ed July 23, 2017.
- Norcross reacts to the House Republicans’ budget proposal on July 18, 2017.
- Norcross and colleagues introduce the Raise the Wage Act on May 25, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Administration’s tax reform outline on April 28, 2017.
- Norcross was appointed to serve on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce and he vowed to represent New Jersey working families on January 5, 2017.
Contact: Ally Kehoe, Communications Director