Norcross Statement on House Republicans Passing Huge Tax Increase on NJ Families
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Donald Norcross (NJ-01) issued the following statement on his NO vote on the Republican tax scam:
“Today Republicans in Congress chose to line the pockets of billionaires, the Trump family and big corporations at the expense of New Jersey families.
“Trump and his Republican followers are raising taxes on 86 million middle-class Americans – including New Jersey residents who will lose their full state and local tax deductions. The top 1% of Americans get 83% of the tax breaks, while everyday people who work hard, play by the rules and deserve a real raise in their paychecks get screwed.
“Republicans promised to ‘simplify’ the tax code – but made it more complicated. They promised to rein in spending – but added $1.5 trillion to the deficit. They promised American jobs – but made it easier for corporations to ship jobs overseas. This bill is a string of broken promises to the American people.
“We need more jobs, higher wages and lower taxes. We don’t need the middle class paying for tax breaks for CEOs. This isn’t tax reform – it’s a scam.”
- Norcross reacted to the Republican vote to advance their massive tax hike on New Jersey families on December 4, 2017.
- Norcross writes that the Trump tax scam is “welfare for the wealthy, paid for by the rest of us” in The Burlington County Times on November 30, 2017.
- Norcross issued a statement on his vote against the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill on November 16, 2017.
- Norcross spoke on the Floor against the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill on November 8, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the content of the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill, as introduced on November 2, 2017.
- Norcross commented on the House budget vote that paved the way for the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on October 27, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on September 27, 2017.
- Norcross hosted colleagues in South Jersey for a day-long forum on ‘The Future of Work, Wages and Labor’ on August 4, 2017.
- Norcross expressed strong support for the new Democratic agenda ‘A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future' on July 24, 2017.
- Norcross writes “first and foremost for me is raising wages” in an op-ed July 23, 2017.
- Norcross reacts to the House Republicans’ budget proposal on July 18, 2017.
- Norcross and colleagues introduce the Raise the Wage Act on May 25, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Administration’s tax reform outline on April 28, 2017.
- Norcross was appointed to serve on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce and he vowed to represent New Jersey working families on January 5, 2017.
Contact: Ally Kehoe, Communications Director