Norcross Joins Democrats in Introducing the Moving Forward Act to Create Jobs, Rebuild America
WASHINGTON, DC – U.S. Congressman Donald Norcross (NJ-01) today joined House Democrats in releasing the text of H.R. 2, the Moving Forward Act. The Moving Forward Act marks a transformational investment in American infrastructure that will create millions of jobs, take bold action on the climate crisis and address disparities in urban, suburban and rural communities across our country.
The Moving Forward Act includes the Rebuild America’s Schools Act, a bill that Norcross introduced last year alongside Chairman Bobby Scott, which funds $130 billion in school infrastructure targeted at high-poverty schools with facilities that endanger the health and safety of students and educators, and creates over 2 million new jobs.
“In Congress, my top three priorities are jobs, education and security, and this sweeping legislation checks all three boxes,” said Congressman Norcross, a member of the Education and Labor Committee. “Long before this pandemic, our schools and critical infrastructure were neglected, and now, as our nation fights COVID-19, the need for these investments has never been greater. We must invest in the future, and this plan will create new jobs to keep our economy moving forward as we continue to address the coronavirus.”
The Moving Forward Act also includes the Offshore Wind Jobs and Opportunities Act that Norcross introduced in 2019 alongside Congressmen Bill Keating (D-MA). The bill authorizes the Department of the Interior to award offshore wind career training grants to institutions of higher education and/or labor organizations to develop, offer or improve educational and/or career training programs that provide skills necessary for employment in the offshore wind industry.
Additionally, the Moving Forward Act:
- Advances the INVEST in America Act, a nearly $500 billion investment to rebuild and reimagine the nation’s transportation infrastructure;
- Addresses structural challenges and upgrades childcare facilities;
- Invests over $100 billion into our nation's affordable housing infrastructure;
- Protects access to safe drinking water;
- Modernizes our energy infrastructure for a clean energy future;
- Delivers affordable high-speed broadband Internet access to all parts of the country;
- Modernizes the nation’s health care infrastructure;
- Modernizes and strengthens the United States Postal Service;
- Promotes new renewable energy infrastructure; and
- Promotes investments in our communities.
Text of the Moving Forward Act is here.
A Section by Section is here.
A Fact Sheet is here.
Contact: Carrie Healey, Communications Director