Norcross Statement on Billionaires-First Tax Bill
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Donald Norcross (NJ-01) issued the following statement on the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill:
“Americans agree we need more jobs, higher wages and lower taxes, but this Republican bill just rewards billionaires, prioritizes corporate profits and screws working families.
“The Ryan-Trump ‘tax reform’ bill is really welfare for the wealthy paid for by hardworking Americans. Worst of all, New Jersey families will suffer most because the bill guts critical state and local tax deductions. Americans must reject this bill that will do nothing to raise wages or bring real relief for working families.”
- Norcross commented on the House budget vote that paved the way for the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on October 27, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on September 27, 2017.
- Norcross hosted colleagues in South Jersey for a day-long forum on ‘The Future of Work, Wages and Labor’ on August 4, 2017.
- Norcross expressed strong support for the new Democratic agenda ‘A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future' on July 24, 2017.
- Norcross writes “first and foremost for me is raising wages” in an op-ed July 23, 2017.
- Norcross reacts to the House Republicans’ budget proposal on July 18, 2017.
- Norcross and colleagues introduce the Raise the Wage Act on May 25, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Administration’s tax reform outline on April 28, 2017.
- Norcross was appointed to serve on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce and he vowed to represent New Jersey working families on January 5, 2017.
Contact: Ally Kehoe, Communications Director